Tuesday 6 November 2012

WAZOBIA FM ABUJA: YAX MAN NOMINATED FOR NIGERIA RADIO AWARDS



In a profile statement sent to my official email address, this young, dynamic and fast growing On Air Personality and Comedian tries to expressly present his real person to the Nigerian and international community.

"My name is Yakubu Abashiya, a confirmed Nigerian from Kaduna State. Studied Fine Arts in the famous Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. I am an artist, actor, comedian, mc/entertainer and an on-air personality with the people's station, Wazobiafm.

As a young man whose passion is to affect his generation positively, I will say it’s a big opportunity to be part of the media. If I am not working you can only catch me by a lake or a pond because I love fishing, if I am not fishing I will be sketching or dancing or better still, performing somewhere. I am a project unleashed to affect this generation and gradually e go reach ‘em permanent site.


While I strongly believe that life presents you with choices and all you need do is make one and thereafter face its consequences (because every choice comes with a responsibility), I also know that it is good to know these choices are there and you are responsible for anyone you make. I saw the need for a forum where young people could express themselves, share experiences without the fear of showing their ignorance about certain issues.
In creating an avenue where we (youths) could meet and share ideas, I had to put into consideration those things that can't be separated from us of which music is one. The other one is the issues we talked about which include ambition, entertainment, gossip, social life and most importantly, relationship. I come up with topics everyone can easily relate with so we can dissect and at the end, one can have a chance to make healthy as well as positive choices among many others…

• SMS VOTING FORMAT: type radio(space)category(space)nominee send to 32050
Eg: radio nts yaksman to 32050 (sms voting is multiple as such one can vote as many times as possible and pls refer to the attachment)

• SINGLE E-MAIL VOTING: This can be done online by visiting www.nigeriaradioawards.com, click VOTE (this accept one registered email address only)
YAXMAN na the name n d category na NTS
I GO NEED UR FRIENDS VOTES TOO
Thanx plenty!"

No comments: